If you want to connect to the VPN manually, do as following:
1. Download client VPN package from management portal site
2. Unpack to VPN package file.
You unpack a VPN package file as follows:
vpnpackage.exe /C /T:c:\temp\vpnpackage
3. Install *.cer file for VPN gateway in unpack folder
You should install as an administrator a *.cer file as follows:
certutil -addstore root vpngateway.cer
4. Set up a new VPN connection
Select a [Connect to a workplace].
Select a [Use my Internet connection (VPN)].
Enter a Azure VPN gateway FQDN in [Internet address].
* Your's VPN gateway FQDN has been described in the pbk file.
5. Change the property in VPN connection
in Security Tab
- [Type of VPN] ... [Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)]
- [ Use Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)] ... [Microsoft: Smart Card or other certificate (encryption enable)]
in EAP property
[When connection:] ... [Use a certificate on this computer]
- [Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate] ... checed
- [Trusted Root Certification Authorities] ... Checked a your’s VPN gateway certificate.
You should turn off [Use default gateway on remote network] option in Networking tab.
6. Connect to VPN
You should choose a client certificate for Azure VPN gateway at start connect.
If error not occurred, congratulation! You can connect to Azure Virtual Network over VPN!